Teeth are susceptible to decay, infection & breakage and, when possible, can be restored back to health. Through improved techniques and modern technology, we have a plethora of options for restoring a tooth back to its normal shape, appearance and function. Dental Caries is the medical term for tooth decay.
It is one of the most common preventable diseases worldwide. Though it’s incidence has significantly diminished over the years due to the use of fluorides and an increase in patient awareness, it is still a major disease in India.
The following are common ways in which EviDent Speciality Dental Care restores damaged teeth.
What can you achieve through Restorative dental procedures:
- Smile enhancements
- Filling-in unattractive gaps between teeth
- Improving or correcting an improper bite
- Restore normal eating and chewing
- Preventing tooth loss
- Relieving dental pain
- Repairing damaged and decayed teeth
- Replace old, unattractive dental treatments
- A composite (tooth-coloured resin) filling is used to repair a tooth that is affected by decay, cracks, fractures, etc.
- The decayed or affected portion of the tooth is removed and filled with a tooth coloured resin by a ‘bonding process’.
- Composite fillings are tooth-coloured and they can be closely matched to the colour of existing teeth. They offer excellent cosmetic results.
- Though commonly referred to as ‘permanent fillings’ they do not last lifelong and need timely maintenance. They are very durable and will last many years, giving you a long-lasting, beautiful smile.
Dental problems that can be corrected using composite fillings:
- Chipped teeth
- Gaps between two teeth
- Cracked or broken teeth
- Decayed teeth
- Worn teeth